Sunday, November 6, 2011

MY THOUGHTS: China Glaze - Black Diamond

with 2 comments
Hello Beauties!

I was wandering around Sally's Beauty Supply earlier today and as I was deciphering whether or not to buy a Hair One sample, the nail polish section caught my eye.  (surprise, surprise!)

I was browsing through the China Glaze section.  I've always been a huge Essie fan, but the China Glaze colors were just calling to me!  I've heard other people rave about this line, so I thought I'd give it a try myself.  They're a couple bucks cheaper than Essie and I've heard great things about them.  And, I mean, for $6.99/bottle ($5.99 for Sally's club members!) why not try one??!!

I was mainly looking for a new color that would transition nicely from autumn to winter and that I could wear throughout the holidays.  There were reds, eh...nudes, done it, pinks...did that last year.  Geez, I was getting discouraged.  I was perusing through all the gorgeous shades, but this one in particular caught my eye.


This is "Black Diamond" from China Glaze's Winter 2007 Ski Collection.  Even though it's 4 years old, I feel like it is the PERFECT shade to bring back for this season.  It's so versatile!  I can wear this to the family Thanksgiving supper, but I feel like it's dressy enough for a night out on New Year's Eve.

It's a gorgeous cool gunmetal color with a tad bit of a navy undertone along with little specks of silver shimmer.  It doesn't have that much shimmer that it's annoying, but just enough to give it a little bit of shine.  In the photo above, that's two coats taken with my iPhone camera.

The packaging, specifically the handle, reminds me of the OPI polishes.  The formula is very smooth, goes on opaque with two thin coats.  Then I topped it off with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top coat to prevent chips.  I'm not sure about how long this formula wears, since it's my first China Glaze purchase.

I hope the formula holds up.  It might be a new favorite nail polish line!  :)

YouTube HOW TO: 

Happy November Everybody!!
Thanks for stopping by...I invite you to check out my YouTube, Twitter & Facebook!

xoxo. Laura

Randoms:
*I hate spring cleaning.  I like to "nest" more in the fall right before winter.  My closet is now the way I want it...nice and clean!

*Sunday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.  Football, coupons, coffee with the boyfriend and shopping day (sometimes a big breakfast is in there somewhere).

*Excited about Thanksgiving!  I love holidays where you eat lots with family.

*I ate an entire snickers candy bar before lunch and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it!

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    This color is pretty on you!
    ~Jazmin

  2. Courtney said...

    I found your blog through a retweet of Emily's, and I'm loving it! That color looks great on you!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...