Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Good Old Country Gravy

with 0 comments
Hey All!
So over the years, I've figured out that this is my favorite time of year.  It's after Halloween, the weather is starting to get even more of a nip, it's right before the craziness of the holidays and the CMA awards are on!  :)

Everytime the CMA's are on (or any country music for that matter), it really makes me think.  The music and the performers pull me back from my busy life and brings me back to my roots and reminds me of who I am and who I was raised to be.

Country music is like a big hug from your grandma mixed the feeling of a post-supper food coma all topped off in gravy. :)  It's also is music for when you've had a break up & want to kill your ex.  It's music for when you're getting ready for a girls night out.  It's the voice of loved ones who have gone to be with the angles.

I am a transplant from the state of Kansas to California.  I love both places, but I will never be anything other than a midwestern girl.  Everything from the food I eat to how I view life is all tattooed on my heart forever. 

I guess what this random post is that no matter what you have been through or where you are from...that's what makes you beautiful.  Alluring.  Gorgeous.  Whether your experiences have been good or bad, embrace them.  I mean you've made it this far right??  :)  A happy girl is one who is comfortable with herself and embraces who she is inside and out.  Love yourself, be kind to others and the rest will come naturally.  
Like my Grandmother always tells me "everything in life in moderation and balance"


Lots of Love to my Readers.
xoxo.  Laura



"...Be a best friend, tell the truth, overuse I love you.  Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense.  Never let your prayin' knees get lazy.  And love like crazy!!"

-Lee Bryce "Love Like Crazy"





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...