I don't know about you, but my closet has got to the overwhelming point of just "too much". It seems that on a daily basis I will just stare at my full closet and decide that I "having nothing to wear". Even my boyfriend comments that I have too many things in my closet. So now I have decided to start organizing.
I have begun the task of weeding out my clothes. I used to go through each item and think "I don't wear this anymore" and throw it into a donate pile. But then I decide that I will for some occasion need it and then... back in the closet it goes. It has been counter productive, because I end up getting rid of maybe one or two things.
I got this organization idea I'm going to show you from pinterest and it has worked SO well!! Its easy, free and no time is spent sorting! I have managed to scale down my closet so much... and you know what that means....more shopping to fill it back up! :)
Here's what you do:
1. Turn all your hangers around so they're hanging backwards on the rod.
2. When you wear something & wash it, hang it back up like you would normally.
3. Keep doing this for about 6 months. That way you will include clothes that you would wear in cold & warm weather.
4. After the 6 months is up, get rid of any hanger that has not been turned around! Chances are if you haven't worn it in 6 months, you probably aren't going to.
5. The only exceptions I make are for things that you do wear, but not on a daily basis. For example, fancy dresses, interview/business attire, sentimental items, etc. Use your own judgement. This technique is best suited for things you wear on a daily basis.
Happy spring cleaning! Leave me comments and let me know if this worked for you or not. I'd love to hear about it!